Sunday 31 March 2013

MELBA, En hoe was jouw dag?



Sorry, Dutch again. Here’s the translation:

Coming home after a busy day and somebody asks you how your day has been, who wouldn’t want that?
Tell us about your day on:
Facebook.com/enhoewasjouwdag

I went to see how many people actually decided to go there. Currently 4550 likes and I can’t for the life of me imagine why.
OK, I can see the tenuous link between this brand for toasty nibbles and the Dutch custom of having a drink before dinner (“borrel”, it is good, you should try it) and swap stories about your day with friends or family. But that doesn’t mean that I want to spend the remainder of my day going to the brand’s Facebook destination simply to tell the world what I’ve been up to. Where’s the incentive?

If you want my attention (and my personal details!) you better bring something to the table in return! I cannot be the only one who is getting increasingly tired of brands asking me to share all sorts of stuff that frankly is none of their business. Networking is a reciprocal process, what you put in you take out, yin/yang and scratching of backs, that sort of stuff. A brand should really think about what it can do for me before it asks me to share anything with them. 

How was my day? None of your business!

Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment